The August release brings new attributes for animal feeding as well as for fresh fruit and vegetables and implements further community requirements for the D-A-CH profiles. With the Standard 2.5, an additional set of Data Quality Gate (DQG) rules helps to further increase the data quality in the German target market.
Deployment dates (TEST / PROD)
FMCG, DIY, AGRO, HEALTHCARE July 30, 2018 16.30 h CET / August 11, 2018 10.00 h CET
GS1 Sync Austria August 11, 2018 16.30 h CET / August 11, 2018 10.00 h CET
Important information – for data receipients
The release contains changes for FMCG D-A-CH and DIY DE; No changes for AGRO DE and HEALTHCARE DE
A Reload of already received data is not necessary after the release
We recommend that all changes to the release be implemented in your interfaces and internal systems in order to maintain complete and correct data records in the future, as well.
The XML interface description for the D-A-CH community is available in the Download Center.
Important information – for data suppliers
The release contains changes for FMCG D-A-CH and DIY DE; No changes for AGRO DE and HEALTHCARE DE
All data in the data pool remain valid -a migration of already sent data is not required.
If you are supplying your data machine-to-machine (M2M), we recommend that you use the XML release notes in the XML interface description for the D-A-CH community to check whether and what changes are to be made in your interfaces and internal systems to be able to provide complete and accurate data in the future. This applies in particular to those with products in the areas of animal feeding and fresh fruit and vegetables.
Implementation of DQG Standard 2.5 (DE only)
Further Data Quality Gate (DQG) rules for the German target market profile will be implemented with release 6.9. The standard 2.5 includes around 100 rules on nutritional information, flavourings, additives and dietary foods. These new rules are again implemented as warnings.
All DQG rules are documented in the Profiles Overview document. The tab “DE_AT_CH Community Validations” is updated with the go live of the release and includes all new and changed DQG rules of this release. The updated Profiles Overview is available for download in cw 34.
Animal feeding: Representation of legal mandatory information (FMCG DE and CH only)
In the Global Standard (GDSN), the August release will provide four attributes that are required to fully map the legal requirements according to EU regulation 767/2009 for animal feeding. The FMCG community release takes these attributes for Germany and Switzerland at the same time and removes the non-required standard attributes from the profiles. Doing so, the implementation will correspond to the recommendation of the GDSN Implementation Guide for pet food of GS1 Germany (= translation of the recommendation of GS1 in Europe).
- Feed Composition Statement & Language [M472]
- Feed Analytical Constituents Statement & Language [M473]
- Feed Additive Statement & Language [M474]
- Feeding Instructions & Language [M475]
In these context these attributes will be removed:
- Animal Nutrient Quantity Contained Basis & UOM [M444]
- Feeding Amount Basis Description [M446]
- Animal Nutrient Type Code [M450]
- Animal Nutrient Exact Percentage [M451]
- Animal Nutrient Minimum Percentage [M452]
- Animal Nutrient Maximum Percentage [M453]
- Animal Nutrient Quantity Contained & UOM [M454]
Fresh fruit and vegetables (FMCG DE and CH only)
GS1 in Europe has developed a recommendation on supply chain management for fresh fruit and vegetables with experts from companies and the GS1 organizations. More information can be obtained from your GS1 organisation: Complete portal of GS1 Germany. With the August release, the changes from the recommendation are implemented in the FMCG profile for Germany and Switzerland:
- Growing method code [M046]: attribute renamed in German to “Zucht- / Anbaumethode: Code”
- Inner flesh colour code [M155]: Code list update
- Grade of goods for fruit and vegetables [M149]: attribute renamed in German to “Klasse für Obst und Gemüse” [also for AT target market profile]
code list will change to optional code list, i.e. also codes of other Code list agencies [new: M481] may be populated (has been UNECE until now)
- Organic origin [M160]: Additional code for fresh fruit and vegetables “1 – 100% Organic”
- Customization of dependencies and rules based on new and changed attributes
- Grade of goods for fruit and vegetables: Code list agency code [M481]
- Display type code [M480]
- Equivalent trade item [M484]
- Is trade item marked as recyclable [M477] (has been for DIY until now, was [M3024])
- Language specific brand name / Language [M479]
- Trade item: maturation method code [M478]
- Organic Trade Item Claim Agency [M485]
- Quantity of trade items contained in a complete layer [M483]
- Case level non GTIN: Quantity of trade items per pallet layer [M482]
Substituted by trade item [M015] (FMCG machine-to-machine / M2M user only)
A mapping change will be necessary, if you use the attribute “Substituted by trade item”: referencedTradeItemTypeCode = EQUIVALENT must be changed to referencedTradeItemTypeCode = SUBSTITUTED :
catalogue_item_notification:catalogueItemNotification/catalogueItem/tradeItem/referencedTradeItem/gtin SET catalogue_item_notification:catalogueItemNotification/catalogueItem/tradeItem/referencedTradeItem/referencedTradeItemTypeCode = SUBSTITUTED
~ New attribute: Number of servings per package: Measurement precision code [M476] (FMCG DE and CH only)
With the new attribute “Number of servings per package: Measurement precision code” a declared “~” or “ca.” can be supplied for “Number of servings per package”.
New attribute: Product identifiers for mixtures / Language [M088] (FMCG DE and DIY DE only)
The new “Product identifiers for mixtures” attribute can be used to indicate all substances contained in the trade item that are subject to declaration obligation with regard to toxicity, caustic effect on the skin or causation of severe eye damage.
Declaration obligatory [M023] with Level of containment [M024] “CONTAINS” (FMCG only)
The code list Level of containment will become restricted for the attribute Declaration obligatory to “CONTAINS” only (= Contains – Intentionally included in the product).
That is, other codes ( “MAY_CONTAIN ” and “FREE_FROM”) will no longer be allowed for this attribute.
Change of the German description for für Allergen type code [M029] “X99” (FMCG only)
The German code description for code “X99” will be changed to “Keine kennzeichnungspflichtigen allergenen Zutaten enthalten”.
PS: The adaptation of the English code description is requested by GDSN work request and will be made at a later date.
Restriction of the Regulation type code [M250] code list and adaption of the Local packaging marked label accreditation code reference [M310] code list (FMCG only)
In the medium term, the code list for Regulation type code will be modified so that each product to be captured has a selection option relevant to the target market. In this process, the code list needs to be restricted by codes that do not serve this purpose and supplemented with codes that are necessary to reflect all product areas.
This release limits the code list so that the list includes only the legal product category to be used. See the Profiles Overview 6.9. x for details.
Four codes of the list for Regulation type code are moving to the list of Local packaging marked label accreditation code reference. From this release, please only use the four codes in the Local packaging marked label accreditation code reference: (only the previous code AEROSOL_REVERSE_EPSILON will be changing to UEP, the others do not change)
- CE – CE marking applied (Directive 93/68/EEC, DECISION No 768/2008/EC) for the EU market
- E_MARK – (e) Estimated Sign – Packaging is filled according to the European Directive 76/211/EEC and carries the e-mark sign
- UEP – Reverse epsilon – Products complying with all the requirements of the Aerosol Directive are marked with the ‘reverse epsilon’ symbol
- UVA – UVA Labelling for Cosmetics – Complies with UVA Labelling scheme of European Cosmetics, i.e. indicating that the level of UVA protection provided by the product is at least 1/3 ratio of its SPF
! Please make sure that you only use the Local packaging marked label accreditation code reference: code [M310] from release 6.9 for these four codes !
Nutritional content information: Value / UOM [M059] ⇒ just use “GRM – Grams” (FMCG only)
The Food Information Ordinance (1169/2011) provides that the nutritional information (the so-called Big 7) must be indicated in grams. At this time, the list of units (still) allows for further measurements. A new warning will indicate if a unit of measure other than grams has been specified and prompt for correction. A later release will change the alert to an error.
! Please make sure that you only specify the “GRM – grams” unit for the Nutritional content information: Value / UOM [M059] !
Number of plys [M176] newly with code list (FMCG only)
The format of the paper attribute Number of plys will change from previously string to defined values: The attribute is now provided with a code list.
Solved tickets (Bug Fixes)
Ticket SDO – Egg: Weight class [M120]: Corrections of German error message for rule 321553 (FMCG only)
Corrected German message: Es fehlt die “Gewichtsklasse für Eier”. Es muss eine Angabe zu “Gewichtsklasse für Eier” gemacht werden, wenn die “Güteklasse für Eier” ‘A’ angegeben wurde.
Ticket – Preparation type [M088]: new code added [M030] (FMCG only)
For the attribute Preparation type, the new code “SOAK – Soak – Immerse in liquid for a period of time” was missing. This has now been added to the code list.
– Fruit and vegetables: class for fruits and vegetables [M149] > > Code III is no longer valid and needs to be removed from the code list. Please do not use this code any more.
– GHS: GHS Precautionary statement codee [M216] and its description [M217] > > The dependencies are not complete. The correction is planned for the November release.